Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Portrait of a child


Life seemed to peaceful when one was little. I remember that all my worries compiled into what the tree kings were going to bring me for Christmas. Sometimes, i used to worry about my math teacher calling on me. God, i feared him so much. It is gratifying to look at the past and being able to know that one enjoyed one's childhood. I really did enjoyed it. My best memories are of that time when three of my cousins came to live with my family. At the same time my brother, who past away, came to live with us, Carol , Setty , Pavel and my brothers Victor and Miguel. We all went to the same school. We protected and support each other so much. I remember that my brothers were always so protective of me, maybe that is why i don't like men all over me . My brothers took me to school, pick me up, and took me to the library in the afternoons.
My cousins and i did everything together. I remember getting up early to go to the bakery to buy the fresh baked bread. Miss that smell. We rode bikes, run around on the streets, played all kind of imaginable games, fought, played tricks on each other, but we knew how to have fun.
There is one thing that i love about that time in my life, and it was all those nights that my mom used to tell us stories . She is by far the best story teller i know. And, to any child that is priceless.

1 comment:

  1. That photograph is from the cover of National Geographic Magazine from the late 1970's. It was the feature story about Iran and Mr. Pleasant himself...Ayatollah Khomeini. I remember it well but the exact date escapes me. If memory serves me, the young woman pictured was located many years later by the same magazine.

    ReplyDelete