Thursday, October 13, 2011

INNOVATION






 I do not believe in evolution. I was always very religious. I want to believe there is something better out
there, a superpower that guide our life, destiny or eternity. lately, I have been thinking a lot about evolution, but mostly about human evolution in relationship to technology and innovation. Historically, progress always developed in part of the world where people have access to technology and education. Europe and America were the leaders of invention and innovation, even though, The Maya civilization, for instance,left behind  thousands of indications of how advanced and developed there where in comparison to what later others "discovered" (see how I put in parenthesis). Well, I have a problem with this word, but that is another topic!!!!
What is amazing  to me is the fact that we, as a civilization are able to develop and innovate technology in so many different levels, but at the same time, we are powerless and unable to feed thousands of people who are dying right now in countries like Somalia. This inequality among civilization is the biggest, and most shameful reality that overshadows every attend to progress.

I ask myself how come so many people  do not have the advantage to have a job, which in term will provide them with money to buy food and clothes for their families. I ask myself how come  I am free to do whatever I want whenever I want?. How come I was not born in 1820?, for instance. How come I was not a slave, or an Indian, or a Mayan?. Who am I? I do not care so much about where I came from, but more about where  am I going /where will I go !!!

I like the idea that 20 years from now we will be traveling in flying cars: yeah, right?!! the reality of it is, and not that I am being a pessimist, 20 years from now we will have to be a society "equally" advanced so that all the inequalities such as, thousands of kids and women dying of hunger, diseases, and depression, do not contradict the bases of progress. Wishful thinking!!! For now, I am as many Millenniums, very optimistic about innovation. I like to to believe that progress in our time, will not be measured by how many wars we have won, but how many people we have saved from diseases or hunger. So, as  long as we are willing to use innovation as a form of progress and not as a way of capitalization,  I will continue to believe that maybe, evolution in terms of innovation is the best thing that the human race will leave behind.













No comments:

Post a Comment